3.30.2008

Blast From The Past

I am dedicating this post to the memories of one year ago today. Today I find myself reminiscing about being in Idaho and being newly engaged. I am also speaking with an old roommate on facebook. And on this same day, I felt compelled to pick up my diary that I've neglected since then, and to write an update. I find it quite funny that after looking through my diary, I realized One Year Ago Today, I was leaving Rexburg for good, and was on my way back home to get married. How ironic that all of these feelings chose to come rushing back, on the same day. See people, this is what diaries are good for! So I'm going to post an excerpt from my diary, written the day before.

"March 29th 2007,

Well guess what? I GET TO SEE MY MARKY TOMORROW!! I cannot wait, we're going to conference, it's going to be sooo awesome!
This past Sunday was so great. It was fast sunday, and the spirit was so strong. I bore my testimony, what a way to end the semester. We had a potluck, I really enjoy hanging out with our ward...I might actually miss this place.
I almost finished packing up today, I come back in a week for the rest of my stuff. Then I'm home for good, yay!
I forgot to mention the roadtrip I went on with my roommates. We went to Salt Lake Mar 9-10. It was so much fun! We spent the day at Gateway, and went on a shopping spree. It was really good to get away and have a blast with the girls. I love my roommates. Sadie, McKayla, Lacey & Whitney.  I don't know what I would have done without them."





4 comments:

Emily said...

How fun and nostalgic! I love my single years with roomies, I wouldn't trade them for anything! Being married though and having a family is so wonderful though too, there is definitely a time to move on!! I bet you're glad you got to have that experience on your own before you got married! And yes, diaries are so important, I definitely need to update mine!!

Alysha Sladek said...

how fun. i need to keep up on my journal. i guess that's partly why i like the blog. at least there are certain things i wont forget!

Freeda said...

"Aww, how fun" - funny that both of the girls who have commented so far have said that. I don't think I've ever kept a journal except for on my mission. They're great! It's amazing how, when reading the entries, it brings you RIGHT BACK! You can remember that day, and the feelings you had, whereas if you hadn't recorded it, you probably would have forgotten it completely!

Cait said...

You are so dang cute! Your blog made my remember that I really do need to start writing in a journal! It really is true that you forget things and memories and feelings so fast!