6.22.2008

Little Brother Best Friend

Exactly 3 years ago, I lost my little brother.
Elliott was the most kind-hearted, loving, goofy boy I've ever known.
Today, on June 22, we remember our sweet little Elliott, and know that he is only doing great things where he is, and we cannot wait to see him again.
I have so many memories of my silly little brother, and the ways we used to play. Sometimes I feel regretful that I teased him so much, but then I remember that we've had so much fun bugging each-other, growing closer as brother and sister. If there's anything I do regret, it's forgetting to tell him how much I loved him.
I want to dedicate this post to him, and the amazing boy he really was. 
Elliott was diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy as a young boy. Due to the fact that my oldest brother Aaron has the same disorder, it didn't take long to notice the signs in Elliott.
He was so strong-willed and opinionated, but in such a clever way. I never realized how amazing he was, until he was gone. But that's the way things always seem to work.
Unfortunately with Elliott's case, his heart wasn't as strong as it should have been. We never knew the exact cause of his early passing, but we're doubtful that it was anything but his heart. I am still so grateful that he was able to leave this life, peacefully in his sleep. He didn't deserve any pain. I just know that our Heavenly Father wanted him elsewhere, somewhere he can do so much more. We miss him more than anything, but we know this was his calling. There is nothing more beautiful than the knowledge and faith we are able to have in our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. Nothing more beautiful than Eternal Families. This was confirmed to all of us 3 years ago, when our angel left this earth.


I recorded this song last year, called Remember When It Rained, by Josh Groban. For some reason, this song has always been so full of emotion for me, and is such a beautiful song.  I always think of Elliott when I hear it. So this is for him. I Love You Always.

4 comments:

Suzanne Lee said...

That made me cry! I love that song soo much. You are such a beautiful singer too. That was a very touching post... I'm so sorry you lost your brother. I can't even imagine how that must feel. I enjoyed hearing your testimony of the gospel though and the peace and understanding it brings you. :)

Kim Hawryluk said...

That was such a beautiful post and tribute to your brother! It made me teary! You are such a good sister and I'm sure he appreciates your kind heart, even now!
You have such a beautiful voice! I could listen to you sing all day!

Emily said...

Emily that was such nice post! It is so nice to have a bigger picture of this world and know that families are forever! Your song was beautiful! You already know I'm a HUGE fan of your voice, but I can't tell you enough how beautiful it is!!! I love listening to you sing! You're amazing!!

Meagan Cooper said...

you have the most beautiful voice. What an amazing song and post.