6.01.2008

JUNE 1 2008



HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my Darling Husband, who is everything I've ever needed and more. I am so grateful for the 1 year of adventure, trial, good times, everything that we've experienced. I am so blessed to be married and sealed to my wonderful loving husband. Mark has always been a great example to me, and has been SO good at learning how to deal with me when I'm sad or frustrated. I am so impressed by how willing he always is to make me happy, or happier. I have the BEST husband in the world! And we are so proud and thrilled to be celebrating our 1 year anniversary today.

We had a GREAT time on our camping trip. We are so glad we had the opportunity to get away where the air is clear, and there's no distracting technology! We had a great time bonding, and celebrating our marriage. I don't have a lot of time to describe everything that happened, but I'll try to get out the best parts.
The camping trip started out quite interestingly. When we started to set everything up, I realized that I forgot half of the tent at home. Way to go Emily. We both knew there was no point in panicking, so we just sat there with nervous laughter wondering what we were going to do at 10 pm. Of course, I started to cry thinking that I ruined everything, and Mark of course started comforting me and telling me not to worry. So I got it together and we decided that we would have to sleep in the car overnight. The next morning we were enjoying the BEAUTIFUL outdoors, and taking in all of that fresh air. Mark was playing around trying to start a fire, and I decided to try and make a tent. All we had was the tent fly and the tarp to go under the tent. Well I ended up creating this makeshift tent, and turns out it worked PERFECT. We were so warm and comfortable that night, it was awesome. In the end Mark and I were grateful we forgot out tent, because it was just that much more of an adventure.
(The beginning stages)...

Friday we spent the whole day biking on all of the beautiful trails, and taking pictures. It was a gorgeous day, and we had a lot of fun just the two of us, enjoying nature haha.
The next day we spent in Banff., which was also really good. We had lunch, and went through all of the shops as usual. Mark put a HUGE smile on my face by surprising me with the chance to buy anything I wanted in one of the stores (within a budget of course). I was interested in a couple of things, and he told me I could either buy a pair of lululemon pants, or this one ring I was looking at. I was SO excited, it was so sweet of him haha. I ended up buying the pants.. which I LOVE. So that was all really fun.
I have to tell the most interesting story of the whole trip, that I tell Mark he will NEVER live down lol.
So he was trying to start a fire with this little blow torch thing my dad lent us. Apparently you just hook it onto the propane tank and it just makes starting a fire a little bit easier. Mark has never used this tool before...so here he is just trying to get this thing to work. I was in the car cleaning my face and whatnot, all tucked in with blankets, and makeup on my lap. Next thing I know, I see this big burning ball of fire in the corner of my eye. I look to my right and see the propane tank lit on fire right by our bikes which are about 2 feet away from the car, which I am IN. This look of complete panic overwhelms my face and I look up at Mark to see him with the exact same look. He yells "GET OUT OF THE CAR GET OUT OF THE CAR!" And I watch him book it into the woods! So I'm flailing my arms all over the place trying to jump across to the drivers side so I can climb out the opposite side of the car. Didn't occur to me that I'd get out a lot faster if I just went out of my side. I just knew I wanted away from that bomb! lol Now I'm hearing Mark scream "Drive the car Drive the CAR!" So now I'm like oh crap, trying to get all of the blankets out of the way so I can actually push down on the gas pedal. Finally I got the car going and I drove it a few meters away when I looked back and saw that the fire put itself out. So I just drove the car back, got out of the car, and had a pretty good laughing fit at Mark's priorities Let's go through this shall we....
Mark
Car
Then...Wife.
haha I thought it was absolutely hilarious though. Obviously it was a really scary situation, and if I were Mark, I would have booked it too. No sense in both of us blowing up haha. Anyway, I didn't feel too worried for some reason, I just thought I had enough time to drive the car away so I did. In all reality, it was a dangerous situation. But we were safe, and that's what is important. We can't help but laugh about it. Anyways, so I just had to share that experience. It's safe to say that Mark won't be using one of those again.

We can't wait to go on another camping trip, we had such a great time, having no tent, almost blowing eachother up, getting attacked by birds (I won't bother with this one). SO FUN!
Now we get to spend some time with Family and eat a piece of our old wedding cake! (BLECH)
Mark can, I'll just watch.


3 comments:

Emily said...

WOW!! Lots of excitement!! I love that you made your own tent! :) Totally a memory hey? Just think if you had brought the tent, how boring would that have been? Tell Mark I think he's like George on Seinfeld when there was a fire at the birthday party! Haha, that's funny. I'm glad it turned out the way it did!! You guys are a great couple, congrats on one year!!!! Oh and yeah, a year old cake...NASTY. We saved ours and barely touched it. It ended up in the garbage. I wish I just enjoyed it all when it was fresh instead of saving it!

Johnsens said...

it sounds like you guys had quite the adventure, it will definitely make for some good memories

Emily said...

i don't ever take pictures! only if something's really cute at home when jeffrey's gone. but then i just put it on automatic, since i have no clue how to work the camera like jeffrey does. and i was actually just thinking yesterday, that if anything ever happened to jeffrey, it'd be sad to lose the talent of photography and photoshop for our family. obviously there are more sad reasons than that, but I wouldn't be able to do that for my kids at all!