7.02.2008

Happy Birthday Canada

I've always enjoyed looking back exactly 1 year or a few years ago, and seeing what I was up to. Unfortunately I was a terrible blogger last year and only have like 1 post for each month. I also stopped writing in my journals as soon as I got married. Aren't I smart? I wrote in diaries religiously growing up, and I even wrote a lot whilst in Idaho..but of course I stopped writing when probably the most epic moments of my life began happening! haha well no, that's not entirely true. I got most of the big surprises of life recorded, up until this point anyway. I should really start writing again though, due to a lot of big things that will be happening in the future.

Last week was an interesting one I suppose. It's been a little bit of a rough week for us, for me especially. A bit of an emotional rollercoaster, which is kind of an understatement in itself....but things are all going to be okay.
To be honest, now that I look back I can't even remember much of what we did last week haha.
On thursday we went to the Stampeders game. I got some free tickets from work, so we ended up going with another woman I work with and her husband. It was actually really fun. I'm not into sports much, but I tend to have a pretty good time when I actually go to the games. I learned a lot about football, that's for sure! I didn't know much before haha. We stuffed ourselves on overpriced questoniable stadium food, and had a really good time cheering on the players haha. Turns out my company's tickets, are right beside Mark's boss' season seats. Mark leaned over to me and whispered "hey, check out who's sitting beside me..." I looked, and there's Kevin, totally oblivious to the fact that Mark and I were right beside him. Mark stretched back and put his arm around him, it was absolutely priceless. I'm sure he was a little creeped out until he realized it was Mark. He was laughing pretty good at the situation as well.

On Monday this week, we drove into Airdrie and spent the night at my parent's house. We rented The Bucket List and made Caramel Corn, SO good! I LOVE making caramel corn with my mama.
I of course fell asleep, but apparently the movie was pretty good haha.



Yesterday (Canada Day) we got up early, got ready...and walked about 2 blocks from my house, and sat in the street to watch the Airdrie Parade haha. It was really fun, we were able to spend some quality time with my mom and my brother. It was nice to bring back some memories. Everytime I go out to Airdrie, I realize how much I miss it.




In the evening, we went to see the special showing of Hancock in the Airdrie theatre. I haven't been there in years! The movie was SO good though! I loved it! I can't wait to see it again, I just love Will Smith haha.

1 comment:

Alysha Sladek said...

I was wondering if that movie was any good.... Sounds like fun - the parade. I remember watching the parade in Taber and I always wanted my kids to see it. One of these days we'll make it to a parade (fingers crossed).