There IS a reason for the title, but I'll get to that in a bit.
So this past week has been an interesting one I suppose. I should really learn to write sooner because by the time I actually get to my blog, I forget half of the stuff that's happened.
I didn't work for 2 days this week so I was able to get some things done that I wanted to do, which was nice.
I had an appointment to get my eyes checked a couple of days ago, and man am I glad I have insurance! I walked out of that office with a $500 bill. Our body parts can be expensive can't they?
Well, it's been like 3 years since I had an eye exam, and I figured my eyes have changed a bit. Sure enough, they have, but by very little! So I was very glad about that. Dr Reisner even told me that I am the PERFECT candidate for Lasik Eye Surgery. That was something that I definitely wanted to hear since I'm planning on getting this surgery in the near future. Anyways, although I may be somewhat blind, apparently my eyes are very healthy...or "boring" as he put it. I got a year supply of contacts though, and that's what racked up the bill. Luckily my insurance will cover all of this, so I'm happy. I definitely needed some new contacts.
So I bought a new CD deck for my car the other day from future shop. I've been wanting one since I bought the car, so I was pretty excited to get it installed. I had two employees tell me that I didn't need to buy any parts, and that I was just good to go.
I sprung for a nicer deck, and got the 2 year warranty. So I booked an appointment to get it installed yesterday at 5. I got there, dropped off my car, and wandered around the mall for 40 minutes. Next thing I know I'm getting a call on my crackberry and I'm thinking (Oh, my car's done already!) ...NOPE, it's the installation guy calling me to tell me that I actually do need parts, and I need to special order them! So I go back to the store, quite frustrated, and here's where the Title comes in. I never thought that I would end up being one of those distraught customers to use the infamous line "Can I Speak To Your Manager Please?!" But I surprised myself by doing just that. I have to say though, when I'm mad...I'll do what I need to do. I was just so flustered by the fact that I had wasted time, and had this unexpected cost. Anyway, I laid out my point to the manager and made him give me a credit for the kit. Of course now I have to wait 2-3 weeks for it before I can even book another appointment to get my deck installed. But oh well, atleast that's dealt with. I'm very excited to get it in because the radio is starting to drive me nutso. Not that I don't have a CD deck, but my CD's are beginning to bore me as well...this way I can hook my iPod up so I can listen to whatever to keep my sanity while I drive.
So this past week has been an interesting one I suppose. I should really learn to write sooner because by the time I actually get to my blog, I forget half of the stuff that's happened.
I didn't work for 2 days this week so I was able to get some things done that I wanted to do, which was nice.
I had an appointment to get my eyes checked a couple of days ago, and man am I glad I have insurance! I walked out of that office with a $500 bill. Our body parts can be expensive can't they?
Well, it's been like 3 years since I had an eye exam, and I figured my eyes have changed a bit. Sure enough, they have, but by very little! So I was very glad about that. Dr Reisner even told me that I am the PERFECT candidate for Lasik Eye Surgery. That was something that I definitely wanted to hear since I'm planning on getting this surgery in the near future. Anyways, although I may be somewhat blind, apparently my eyes are very healthy...or "boring" as he put it. I got a year supply of contacts though, and that's what racked up the bill. Luckily my insurance will cover all of this, so I'm happy. I definitely needed some new contacts.
So I bought a new CD deck for my car the other day from future shop. I've been wanting one since I bought the car, so I was pretty excited to get it installed. I had two employees tell me that I didn't need to buy any parts, and that I was just good to go.
I sprung for a nicer deck, and got the 2 year warranty. So I booked an appointment to get it installed yesterday at 5. I got there, dropped off my car, and wandered around the mall for 40 minutes. Next thing I know I'm getting a call on my crackberry and I'm thinking (Oh, my car's done already!) ...NOPE, it's the installation guy calling me to tell me that I actually do need parts, and I need to special order them! So I go back to the store, quite frustrated, and here's where the Title comes in. I never thought that I would end up being one of those distraught customers to use the infamous line "Can I Speak To Your Manager Please?!" But I surprised myself by doing just that. I have to say though, when I'm mad...I'll do what I need to do. I was just so flustered by the fact that I had wasted time, and had this unexpected cost. Anyway, I laid out my point to the manager and made him give me a credit for the kit. Of course now I have to wait 2-3 weeks for it before I can even book another appointment to get my deck installed. But oh well, atleast that's dealt with. I'm very excited to get it in because the radio is starting to drive me nutso. Not that I don't have a CD deck, but my CD's are beginning to bore me as well...this way I can hook my iPod up so I can listen to whatever to keep my sanity while I drive.
So tonight we celebrated Mother's Day at my home in Airdrie. We bought my mother a family ring because she was mentioning to me how we've never bought her one. She was very surprised, and wasn't expecting it whatsoever. She loved it though, and it made her cry.
The ring is so beautiful, I keep telling her that she birthed us in the right months! They make a beautiful family ring! haha
So I would like to point out that it's 1:00 AM and the only house on the block with EVERY light on, sure enough, is ours. I'm sitting here, while Mark's in bed, listening to the quiet remnants of a Disney Movie from upstairs. I believe the children are watching Beauty & the Beast, and they're at the part where the Beast turns back into a man. Yes, I can pretty much tell whatever they're watching when they're watching something. So when's bed-time??
Here's a few pictures I fooled around with from the other day when I was bored...




1 comment:
Great pix, that is totally annoying about the stereo delemma, that kind of stuff drives me crazy. I LOVE the twilight trailer thing, I watched it about 10 times. We'll have to get together next time we come up!
Post a Comment