2.17.2008

Happy Valentine

I tried to blog on Valentine's day but things were a tad too busy. 
We both had to work and then Mark had an exam afterwards until like 8 pm. I came home to a lovely surprise after work...I found a cute little display on top of our bed...It was so sweet, here's the things that he got me...


There were my favourite chocolates, and this funny little frog man that sings "You dropped the bomb on me" (meaning love) haha and he dances like a little gangster haha. It's so cute. And then of course these red roses were all wrapped up next to them. It was very lovely. I never give mark enough credit for being able to surprise me. He always manages to convince me that he forgot, or didn't know what to get or something like that. But every occasion he surprises me :)
After I cut my beautiful roses and put them in a vase, I left to Market to search for a grand shoe sale my mom told me about. I bought two gorgeous pairs of boots for half off! It was a beautiful thing haha. I was quite excited.
Then I met Mark at the restaurant, Sushi Ichiban. YUM! So we spent a couple hours there, enjoying some fabulous japanese food. So our first Valentine's Day as a married couple was as good as I wanted it to be haha. I don't expect much on valentine's day, it's just a reason to get some pretty flowers and go out to dinner :P

Anyways, I'm very thrilled that we've had this long weekend, I had the longest week of my life. I really need this long weekend. Mark and I left the house at 7 yesterday morning and set out on our little trip to Cardston. We went to the temple and it was really good. There were so many people there that we knew. The session we went to was so full, we barely got in. It was very nice to take that day to get away together. 

Anyways, my photo uploader isn't working so I'll have to add some photos later...

2 comments:

Emily said...

ooh...your flowers are beautiful! nice work marky mark! sounds like you guys had fun! jeffrey and i need to go to the temple again soon...it's been hard with jacey. glad you guys could have such a great weekend!

Alysha Sladek said...

nice work marky! nice that he's on the ball hey? sounds like a good weekend.