10.01.2007

A New Task At Hand

Alrighty so last week was an interesting week.

I got in my first car accident, Tues Sep 25 2007. I've always bragged about my clean driving record, and having only good experiences. But that's coming to an end, and I'm so not happy about it.
I was driving East on Country Hills BLVD on my way to work in the morning, approx 7:40 AM. And as some of you might know, rush hour can be very unpredictable. You look away for a second, and who knows what might happen. So I was headed down hill, the traffic infront of me was slowing quickly, and so I had to slow very quickly and I came to a complete stop. I glanced in my rear-view mirror and saw a pick-up truck comin at me full speed. Next thing I know I'm flying forward as I hear the typical car crash sound in my head. and THEN next thing I know I'm sittin in my car absolutely oblivious to what just happened. I obviously knew I got hit, but I didn't know what happened to me. I didn't know if I hit my head, or what. It happened so fast. I started shaking and freaking out, crying. I checked in the mirror to see if I had any cuts or anything, but nope, nothing. I checked everything and there was nothing. I was so scared cause I expected something to be wrong, but I was fine. I ended up just calling my dad and he came over to pick me up. I called mark and he freaked out, but it was all good when I told him I was okay. I got out of my car and exchanged insurance info with the guy and the girl infront of me that I was shoved into. They were nice people, the guy felt very bad. The firemen and cops came. They were all so nice, I was for some reason, expecting to be yelled at or something. Even though I didn't do anything. I was pretty shaken up though, and really sad my car was totalled. I've just never been in an accident before, it was a lot to deal with. I dealt with all of that paperwork and stuff and went home in the towtruck. My car is just sitting in the driveway right now, waiting to be taken away. lol
After the accident I started to feel stiffness in my neck and back. I told the cops and my dad, I was told to chill out for the day. No problem there, I didn't feel like going to work. After time it got worse, and very stiff. The next day was a nightmare, I could barely move, I just felt so sore. I went to the doctor and sure enough, whiplash. I dont care, as long as it's not long term. Anyways, so now I'm doing some physiotherapy and massage to get better.
I just can't wait for everything to just work itself out, I want to get rid of my car, and get the money the insurance owes us haha. I just want to forget about it, and not worry anymore. Although that won't happen for a while, cause now we have to somehow find a new car. Why do I have to drive?
The crazy thing is that, early that morning, I was going to move my seat right up to the steering wheel, as I usually do. But that one time I randomely decided that I was going to leave it far back, as long as I can reach the pedals. When I got hit, I flew forward and back again, without hitting anything. If I was as close as I usually am, I would've smashed my face or ribs into something. A coincidence? I think not. lol
It's nice to know you're being looked after sometimes.

But other than all that things are dandy! lol Mark's birthday was on friday, I bought him the third season of The Office and the "Dwight Schrute" bobblehead. It's pretty sweet. lol I also baked him an apple-spice cake, it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.

Now I'm just so pumped to go to Utah on thursday. I'm excited for conference. and SO excited to shop ahha. I just need to get away from the stressful world, and have a lovely shopping spree, that'll really take my mind off things haha.

Oh and, I just realized it's Mark and I's 4 month Anniversary today, Oop, better give him a call :P
anddd I gotta get back to work.
Ta-Ta

Em



No comments: