8.24.2008

Summer Nears It's End

Well I have to say I am disappointed in myself for letting it take me this long to blog. It has been over a month, and I have just been purely too lazy to write.
I don't even know where to begin. As I have stated in my title, unfortunately Summer is almost over!! As much as most of you hate to even think about it, it is indeed true! Obviously we will still have descent weather for the next month, but the kiddies are back to school, and the leaves are beginning to fall. And I COULD NOT be Happier. That's right, you heard me, I am SO excited for Autumn. Reason being, for one, it is my favourite season, and two...I'm sick of heat. I know this summer hasn't even been that hot, but for me..it has. I am completely done with it and I am ready for that cool refreshing air to blow through my hair as I drive home with the windows down. Not that wet fiery heat wave to slap me in the face as I sit in rush hour traffic, not a fan! So indeed I am very ready for this year to go on.
But MAN! where has it gone?? I cannot believe that it is already almost September. For some odd reason, I have been so very excited for Christmas this year. I mean, yea it's normal to be excited for christmas, but I've been anticipating it since like June!

So anyway, I guess nothing really crazy has happened since Maine. Just work...lots and lots of BBQ's, family get-together's, the usual. Mark and I spent a day at Calaway Park, and reminded ourselves of how uneasy our stomach's are. Six Flags is my only theme park. Anything else, I can barely handle anymore. So strange.
Mark worked yesterday so I drove myself down to the heart of calgary, and walked around prince's island park, and pretty much all of downtown, I just wandered, not even paying attention to where I was. It was really great, I don't have tons of alone time anymore, and I kind of missed it. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my wonderful husband, but I hadn't realized how long I'd gone without some me-time! It was really quite enjoyable.

As for the crappy news, my TMJ has been acting up lately. I've noticed for the past couple months I've been clenching my jaw at night. So I've developed some nasty Bruxism. I've been getting headaches, earaches, toothaches, and neckaches, pretty much everything from my neck and up. It hasn't been too bad, it's on and off really. It could definitely be a lot worse, so I just hope it doesn't get to that! Unfortunately now I have to fork out some cash to do something about it, I have to prevent it from getting worse so I have to get my dentist to make me an appliance. I'm not sure what kind, probably just to wear at night. But when you go to the dentist for something other than a cleaning, you know you'll be walking out broke! Luckily my benefits cover some of the cost, but we'll see how much of a difference it makes in the end.

I've added a few photos I took over the past month...a few are from when Emily & Jeff came over for a BBQ, I couldn't resist adding them, they're so cute!
I also got a new kitty (sort of) from around our industrial area, he was found by himself in one of our parts bins, and no one could take him so I brought him home (to my mom's house), since darn Mark is allergic. Kind of stinks considering I'm a cat lover, but oh well. My mom takes care of him for now and his name is Zinc. He's such a little brat, but so loving! Anyway, enjoy!




(I took some pictures of the cake at Amanda's reception, the "cake-baker" offered to pay me for them! I of course said no way jose, and just sent them to her, kind of funny though!)













(I just had to throw this in, the kids' faces are priceless)



1 comment:

Emily said...

Awww...what a great post. :) I agree with you, I'm excited for the rest of the year, the heat is driving me nuts!! Those pictures are adorable of my kids, thanks for posting them!! The cake pictures are wicked too!! And..your cat is really cute! That's a cute name for a cat. I like cats, but I have to say I'm scared of them. They're so unpredictable and they have really sharp, tiny little claws!