1.27.2008

The Cold Sets In...

Okay so I haven't been as faithful as I had hoped. I kept putting off blogging, but now I have time to write something.




The cruise to Mexico was totally awesome. It was Mark's mom, dad, grandpa, grandma, uncle and aunt, caity, kyla, chy and mark and I. It was surprisingly SO hot. We went to Acapulco, which was really fun. Then we went to Zihuatenejo/ixtapa, which was my favourite, it was so small and quaint haha. We spent that day shopping and relaxing on the beach...we also went jet skiing, that was so much fun. I love driving those things, Mark hogged it though of course haha. Apparently I wasn't as vigorous as he would've liked. Then we went to Manzanillo, and we went on a really long tour. It was exactly my cup of tea, but it was still good.



The cruise was really fun, we had excellent food, and it was just so fun spending time with the family, and being able to just sit and do nothing. It was DEFINITELY what I needed. I haven't had any back problems since before christmas. I really needed those 3 weeks of no stress. Now that I'm working and driving again, I can feel it slowly coming back, which stinks. I can't help myself from getting so tense while driving, I don't know if it will ever go away. I feel like I see accidents waiting to happen, everywhere I go. It's terrible, and I pretty much witness accidents so close to happening everyday. People are just crappy drivers in Calgary, that's all I have to say about that haha.




My title is because of the ridiculous blizzards setting in...it's SO cold out there, and SO windy. Calgary winters have been mild lately, so I won't be surprised if we get dumped with something crazy.

Some other news, Mark's car got stolen a week ago. I got a call from the police on my way home from work, telling me they think someone stole our license plate. I gave him Mark's number...Mark goes outside to check it out, and notices his car is completely gone. (he was at work). So the car was actually involved in a robbery...so we pretty much lost all hope that our car would be recovered in descent shape. Luckily, they found our car a few days ago, so we are very relieved about that considering we weren't really anticipating looking for a car again. They charged us 150 bucks for tow fees though, which really ticked us off, but what can you do. No one else will pay for that. So yea, we've realized we really shouldn't own cars haha. As far as I'm concerned, they're creations on the devil. haha.


Other than that, things are pretty much same as usual. I bought a pretty bookcase from Ikea yesterday and put it all together myself. Mark wouldn't help me, how rude haha. Actually he was doing dishes, so I guess we were switching roles temporarily haha.


So these past couple weeks have been quite funny. I think I've just found out that every woman I know, is pregnant haha just kidding. But one of my best friends is having another baby, which is exciting because her daughter is so adorable. It will be so fun to see what she'll have. Her kids are milado, so that's why haha. I think there's gonna be another baby boom though, seriously haha, there's like 3 pregnant women at work, and 2 already on mat leave. Good times.


Oh yea, and at the end of our trip, we drove through San Diego, one of my favourite spots in cali...and we stopped at the Temple. It was absolutely beautiful. I had forgotten how lush it is there, it re-confirmed my choice of my favourite temple :)




No comments: